A superbly summery Strawberry Tart made with a buttery crust, a easy cream cheese-based filling, and recent summer season berries!
Sam right here from Sugar Spun Run with any other candy recipe! These days I’m appearing you make a candy, easy and from-scratch Strawberry Tart.
I’ve been sharing quite a lot of strawberry recipes not too long ago, from my Strawberry Shortcakes to my served-with-strawberries Angel Meals Cake, and lately I need to percentage this candy and easy strawberry tart.
It’s simply as tasty as it’s gorgeous, so let’s dig proper in to make your personal. The very first thing we’ll get started with is our buttery shortbread-esque tart crust.
I make this tart the usage of a meals processor and counsel that you simply do the similar as I’ve discovered this to be the best option to make a tart crust. The meals processor does all the arduous paintings of reducing within the butter with out permitting it to melt from over-working and it makes fast paintings of your dough.
Whilst you may just make this crust with a meals processor or a field grater (shredding your chilly butter with the field grater earlier than operating it into your flour combination), it has a tendency to take for much longer to get the dough to in truth dangle in combination like you want it to, and the butter has a tendency to start to soften from being over-worked.
It’s additionally crucial that you simply permit the dough to cool within the freezer for no less than 30 mins when you’ve shaped it into your tart pan. This may stay the dough from shrinking an excessive amount of whilst you switch it into your oven.
As you’ll be able to see I took a type of half-and-half way to adorning my strawberry tart.
I adorned 1/2 with rows of sliced berries whilst adorning the opposite with fewer small berries that I sliced in 1/2. I selected to embellish mine this manner as a result of I knew I’d be sharing this tart with my siblings who like the next filling to fruit ratio.
You’ll be able to in fact adorn this tart anyway you’d like, it might glance simply as lovely totally lined in strawberry slices!
The best way to Make a Strawberry Tart
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 Tablespoons chilly butter, minimize into items
- 6 ouncescream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1½ lbs strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt within the bowl of a meals processor and pulse to mix.
- Scatter butter items overtop the flour combination and pulse till combination is solely starting to dangle in combination.
- Take away from meals processor and shape right into a disk. Quilt in plastic wrap and relax for 30 mins.
- As soon as dough is completed chilling, take away from fridge and roll into a couple of 10-11″ circle. Shape right into a nine” tart pan and use a fork to poke holes into the aspect and backside of the dough.
- Switch pan to freezer and freeze for no less than 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350F, and as soon as oven is preheated and dough has chilled, bake on 350F for 25 mins or till simply starting to flip golden brown. Permit tart crust to chill earlier than filling.
- mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl and use an electrical mixer to overcome till easy and well-combined. Put aside.
- In a separate, blank, bowl, use an electrical mixer to overcome 1 cup heavy cream to stiff peaks
- Fold the whipped cream into your cream cheese combination till well-combined — the ensuing combination will have to be thick and fluffy.
- Unfold calmly into cooled tart crust.
- Most sensible with sliced strawberries — You’ll be able to adorn all your tart the usage of sliced strawberry items or you’ll be able to use the methodology I used and canopy 1/2 of the tart totally with strawberries and adorn the opposite 1/2 with small halved berries.