This straightforward vegetarian quiche recipe is made with spinach, ricotta cheese, eggs, tomatoes and basil. Easiest for breakfast, lunch or brunch or serve it with a salad for a mild dinner.
Spinach Ricotta Quiche
You might have attempted my rooster quiche a couple of weeks in the past, it’s the similar elementary quiche recipe which is so flexible, you’ll be able to switch absolutely anything apart from the milk and eggs. Right here I went for summer time flavors I really like, impressed from my father in regulations Italian frittata which he makes with ricotta, scrumptious!
I used refrigerated pie dough to make this fast, you’ll be able to additionally use a pre-baked shell. If you happen to use unbaked dough, you’ll wish to prick the dough with a fork in every single place as soon as it’s in a pie dish and partly bake it earlier than including the eggs and filling.
- For an extremely low-carb possibility you’ll be able to put out of your mind the pie crust and upload extra eggs and filling. Spray the pie dish with cooking spray earlier than including the eggs.
- Upload a couple of cooked hyperlinks of Italian rooster sausage got rid of from the casings.
- Upload roasted peppers or artichokes.
You Would possibly Additionally Experience:
Spinach Ricotta Quiche
- refrigerated Dough for 1 (Nine-inch) pie crust
- 7 massive eggs, overwhelmed
- 2 cups chopped child spinach (1 half oz)
- 2/three cup skim milk
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan
- three tablespoons chopped recent basil
- 1/four teaspoon kosher salt
- half cup section skim ricotta
- 0.33 cup section skim shredded mozzarella
- three/four cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 levels Farenheit.
- Roll the dough out on a well-floured paintings floor till it’s roughly 11 to 12-inches in diameter.
- Switch it to a Nine-inch steel or glass pie dish. The usage of your hands, press it firmly into the ground and facets of the pie plate. Trim off any extra, leaving about 1/2-inch overhanging. Then fold/crimp the overhanging dough.
- Prick the ground of the pie crust with the tines of a fork. Switch the pie crust on your pre-heated oven and bake for 10 to 15 mins, till par-baked.
- In the meantime in a big blending bowl mix eggs with spinach, milk, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, basil and salt; combine effectively.
- Pour aggregate into the par-baked pie crust.
- In a small bowl mix ricotta with mozzarella and final parmesan.
- Dollop the ricotta throughout and most sensible and position tomatoes across the cheese.
- Position foil at the edges of the crust to forestall them from burning.
- Position quiche on cookie sheet and bake at the heart oven rack for 50 to 55 mins, or till most sensible is browned and a knife inserted in middle comes out blank.
- Let cool earlier than serving.
Yield: eight servings, Serving Dimension: 1 slice
- Quantity According to Serving:
- Freestyle Issues: five
- Issues +: 6
- Energy: 225 energy
- General Fats: 13g
- Saturated Fats: 6g
- Ldl cholesterol: 178mg
- Sodium: 366.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 15.5g
- Fiber: zero.5g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 12g
All photographs and textual content ©