This Moroccan hen is soft hen thighs cooked in an fragrant sauce with olives and lemon. A very simple dinner that’s filled with distinctive flavors!
We consume numerous hen in my space – it’s affordable, handy and my children adore it! This Moroccan hen is a bit of other out of your standard hen dinner, however it’s full of probably the most wonderful flavors and it’s tremendous simple to make too!
To make Moroccan hen, you’ll want hen thighs, onion, inexperienced olives, lemon and spices. The hen thighs are seared to golden brown perfection, then blended with sauteed onions and spices and roasted till completed. Make sure to use an oven secure pan with the intention to switch it from the range to the oven with none problems.
I at all times use bone-in skin-on hen thighs for this dish as a result of I believe they’ve probably the most taste they usually don’t dry out within the oven the way in which that leaner cuts like hen breast can. If you happen to’re no longer a gloomy meat fan, check out bone-in skin-on hen breasts as a substitute, however bear in mind that the cook dinner time will wish to be adjusted as much as catch up on the breasts being greater and thicker than the thighs.
The spices that give this dish its Moroccan taste are ginger, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and paprika. The cinnamon might look like an peculiar addition to a savory hen dish, however it in point of fact works so neatly with the hen! The olives and lemon juice are added on the very finish, in conjunction with a sprinkling of parsley. You then’re able to consume!
This hen is excellent served over couscous or rice. I additionally steadily serve a inexperienced vegetable at the facet like asparagus or broccoli.
I really like this Moroccan hen as it’s simple sufficient for a hectic weeknight, but fancy sufficient to serve to corporate. It doesn’t require any uniqueness substances, but it tastes such as you’re consuming at a cafe!
Recipe sort: Primary
- 6 bone in pores and skin on hen thighs
- salt and pepper to style
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup hen broth
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons flooring cumin
- ¾ teaspoon flooring cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon flooring ginger
- ¼ teaspoon flooring turmeric
- ½ cup inexperienced olives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- lemon wedges for garnish (non-compulsory)
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
- Warmth the olive oil in a big oven secure pan over medium top warmth.
- Season the hen on either side with salt and pepper and upload the hen in a single layer to the pan.
- Cook dinner for Five-6 mins in keeping with facet or till golden brown.
- Take away the hen from the pan. Position on a plate and canopy with foil to stay heat.
- Upload the onion to the pan and cook dinner for Five-6 mins or till simply softened.
- Upload the hen broth, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger and turmeric to the pan. Stir to mix.
- Upload the hen again to the pan. Spoon the liquid over the hen and position the pan exposed into the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or till hen is finished.
- Stir within the olives and lemon juice. Sprinkle with parsley and serve, garnished with lemon wedges if desired.
fbq(‘init’, ‘1748581388781497’ ); fbq(‘observe’, ‘PageView’);