Those ham mashed potato muffins are essentially the most superb approach to make use of leftover mashed potatoes. They’re extremely tacky and make for a scrumptious snack or appetizer!
Who has ever had a an excessive amount of leftover mashed potato downside? At all times, all the time, all the time! Regardless of how neatly we plan issues right here on the My Meals Tale kitchen, we all the time have additional mashed potato all over the vacations.
And we all the time in finding an enchanting approach to make use of it despite the fact that as a result of we will be able to by no means give away mashed potatoes. Those ham mashed potato muffins are for my part, one of the best ways to make use of up leftover mashed potatoes and we’ve been doing this for years!
We most often do a little of ham at the aspect and I all the time simply chop all of it up and upload it to the combo. However you already know a large number of different issues will paintings actually neatly too – like chopped hen and even turkey. Simply you should definitely reduce it into actually tiny items – nearly like a corpulent mince.
Since we adore somewhat warmth and garlic in the whole lot, I added one jalapeno and a few minced garlic to the combo. The remaining is solely flour, egg, looooots of cheese and breadcrumbs for coating. You’ll make those forward and refrigerate for as much as an afternoon after which all you wish to have to do is shallow fry them in sizzling oil.
If in case you have youngsters, they’re going to completely love those tacky ham mashed potato muffins, despite the fact that in my revel in NOBODY can withstand those or forestall at one. So you should definitely make extras!
Those are perfect made with mashed potatoes which don’t seem to be tremendous creamy or have an excessive amount of butter in them. If thats the type of mashed potatoes you’ve got readily available, building up the quantity of flour to verify the patties cling their form. And I completely don’t suggest making those with rapid mashed potatoes – by no means works.
If you’re searching for a really perfect mashed potato recipe my Rapid Mashed Potatoes are improbable and so they paintings completely neatly with this recipe!
- Four cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 Jalapeno, deseeded and chopped finely
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- Four slices of Ham, finely chopped
- ½ cup undeniable Bread Crumbs (for coating)
- Four-6 tablespoons Oil for shallow frying
- Bitter Cream or Mayonnaise for serving
- In a big bowl, combine in combination mashed potatoes, mozzarella, egg, flour, jalapeno, garlic and ham until blended. The mix must be thick and must cling its form. If its too unfastened, upload a tablespoon of a flour at a time (this is dependent upon the consistency of your mashed potatoes)
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the combination and shape it into patties that are about ⅓ inches in thickness. Coat every cake flippantly in a skinny coating of breadcrumbs and put aside.
- Warmth oil in a pan and fry the patties in one layer on every aspect for Three-Four mins until golden brown on either side.
- Serve sizzling with bitter cream or mayonnaise.
MORE POTATO RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
INSTANT POT GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
SLOW COOKER MASHED POTATOES